What Should You Look for in a POS System?
Among the most difficult decisions that you can make when you are starting a new business is to choose the right POS system for you. This system is the one that is going to help you with keeping track of your business and knowing about theft before it’s too late. There are a lot of different POS systems that you can choose from, so how do you know which one is the right one?
There are a lot of different services available, so you have to know what goes into making a good POS system. Below are some of the things that you should look for when you are choosing your POS system.
Nuts and Bolts of the Service
- Service Options: One of the things that you should look for is the service options that the service offers. A good service offers a variety of options, like live chat, email, and phone support to all of its customers. The services should also be available to everyone, no matter what program they choose. No matter how much you charge, you should get good services.
- BBB Ratings: It’s a good idea to choose a service that has an A+ on the BBB website with very few complaints filed against them. Since A+ is the highest rating that the BBB can offer to a business, choosing one with this rating shows that the business is a good one to deal with.
- Look for Reviews on Influential Websites: One of the best ways that you can find a POS system is to look at websites, such as Forbes, to see what they recommend. Websites such as these are where people turn to for trustworthy information about the world of finance.
- Sell Online or In a Store: Even if you don’t have a website yet for your business, you might have one eventually, so you want to choose a POS system that will let you do both.
Service is PCI Compliant
The things above are just a few of the things that you should look for in a POS system. But one of the biggest things that you should look for is one that is concerned with security and that is PCI compliant. This means that the POS system does the following:
- They maintain a network that’s secure
- They protect the data of cardholders
- They maintain a program for vulnerability management
- They implement strong measures for access control
- They monitor and test their networks regularly
- They maintain a policy for information security
When you use this service for your online store, you can be sure that you are keeping your customers’ information secure.
Mobile Solutions Mean More Customers
Since the service started offering mobile services, they have given their customers the opportunity they may not have had in the past. Here are some of the ways mobile POS systems have allowed businesses to expand, based on an article from Business News Weekly:
- Payment options – Based on a quote from a beverage company owner, they found it difficult to turn away their customers because they weren’t able to accept their credit cards. This was changed due to a mobile POS system. They have had “…nothing but amazing results.”
- Inventory on the go – Another customer hated having to go into the store and “taking hours to count inventory”. With the mobile POS system, the inventory was updated as the items were purchased. This has saved him 5 to 10 hours of time each week.
- Enhanced customer experience – With a mobile POS system, another business allowed their customers to “order their lunch or dinner before they had even arrived.” This cut down on the wait time and gave the customers the choices they hadn’t had before.
- Check sales remotely – Another person enjoys the ability to check their sales on the road. “I can check the sales of the store”, says the customer. This way they can see how the store is doing.
- Selling at tradeshows – “I use … mobile when I do events.” Customers like the mobile option because they are able to sell their items anywhere without having to worry about having a bulky cash register or a lot of change.
Choosing the right POS system can be difficult. But there are a lot of systems that offer the things that are listed here. One of them is Shopify. There are a lot of things that the service has to offer and those are the reasons why people have used it for their businesses. Find the right service for your business and you will discover that you have a better chance of being successful in your business ventures. The success of a business starts with the right POS system for your business.