Portable applications is not a new concept, but as the technology becomes smaller in size and larger in capacity and performance, people are becoming more prone towards Portable applications.
The major advantage of portable apps over normal standalone apps is that you can carry it anywhere and everywhere inside USB drive. Not only that you can place them inside iPods, mobile phones or any other removable storage devices.
uTorrent is a very popular P2P (peer-to-peer) bitTorrent client. A portable version is also available for you to carry uTorrent inside your USB memory stick and use it at your friends, at school, or at office.
Installing this onto your USB drive is very simple. Let me show you how its done:
1. You will have to Download the latest version the latest standalone version, and copy it onto your memory stick.
2. Create an empty data file with notepad, and name it settings.dat
3. Place the settings.dat file in the same folder on your USB disk as uTorrent.
4. Run uTorrent from your portable drive and configure the options and preferences.
You are good to go! Now you won’t have to worry about downloading any other bitTorrent client, all you need is your USB and a free USB port off course.
TIP: Although its optional, if you are using uTorrent on different bandwidth settings, then make sure you set maximum upload speed to 90% of the available upload speed to guarantee faster downloads.
Some of the features included are as follows:
- Bandwidth prioritization
- RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet).
Enjoy mobility and super fast speeds with uTorrent Portable!