Merge Two or More Yahoo! Accounts into a Single Account – How To
Previously, we discussed with you on how to integrate two or more Gmail accounts onto a single one. This is very useful as most of us have multiple accounts. It becomes extremely painstaking work to sign in each account separately to send mails to your friends or clients.
However, today I’ll share with you a very useful and time saving trick, that will allow you to merge multiple account of the same service, in this case, Yahoo!. Here’s how what you have to do,
Integrate two or more Yahoo! accounts into a single one
1. Sign in to your Yahoo! account,
2. Click on Option button on the right side of the screen,
3. From the drop down menu choose ‘mail options‘,
4. Once the page has loaded, on the left pane click on ‘Accounts‘,
5. Now on the right side of the pane, click on ‘Add or edit an account‘ link,
6. A new window will open, click the ‘Add‘ button,
7. Inside the Add account menu, you’ll be asked to enter ‘Account Name‘. Enter the name of the account and hit enter,
8. Again you’ll be asked to provide your name and email address into the fields. Simply enter the email address you want to integrate with this account. Hit enter when done,
9. After a few minutes you’ll receive a confirmation email from Yahoo! on the email account that you have just integrated,
10. Click on the link to complete the procedure,
Voila! Enjoy two or more integrated accounts on a single one.
This is great. Thank you for sharing.
Your Welcome! Glad you liked it 😀
amazing trick !
thanqs a lott for sharring 🙂
Thank you very much it was helpful
Thanks for the post. I followed the steps you listed – I am connecting 2 yahoo accounts, but it keeps saying “error occurred” with no further details. In the server section I tried leaving it blank, using yahoo.com, pop.yahoo.com and mail.yahoo.com. Any ideas?
i manage to combine both email address but the thing is.. i haven’t get/received any email from my second email address.. why is that so?
Check your spam folder…
i’ve check my spam folder, there’s nothing related mail there.. i’ve tested by sending mail from gmail account to yahoo account.. but the mail are still receive separately.. how to overcome this? i hope u can help me.. thanks..
To crazerx: I have the same problem, there is no solution. Mails stay separate even for two yahoo accounts. I made all steps, including verification, three times with three different accounts in different Countries, no way. Now Yahoo also disabled (in some Countries) the “forward” option that allowed incoming mail to be automatically forwarded to another account. This feature is only available if you join mail plus (paying 19.99 per year). So my guess is that they disabled also the “joining” option (without telling), in order to have more people sign for the pay option……
I love the idea of this, and I so appreciate the instructions!! But it isn’t working 🙁
Anyone get it to work yet?
The problem is that by following these instruction you will only, at most, be able to send emails from the first account with the email address of the second account.
Yahoo! Mail Settings
viki, i found this info, hope it helps:
Yahoo Mail offers standard POP3 access for receiving emails incoming through your Yahoo mailbox, by using your favorite email client software. To setup your email client for working with your Yahoo account, you need to select the POP3 protocol and use the following mail server settings:
Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) – pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)
Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) – smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)
This does not merge accounts!!!
It just links email.
How does one MERGE yahoo ACCOUNTS into a single account ?
If you have upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo7! Mail the POP account fails to fetch email and put them into the INBOX.
It will however, allow you to create a new Folder and designate that Folder as the mail destination!
Not ideal but saves from having to open to browsers. You From: field will now be a drop-down box which allows you to choose which account you wish to send an email from.
Lets hope those clever developers over at Yahoo! will fix this problem soon!
1. To stop duplicate email messages, check “Retrieve new messages only”
2. Check “Use SSL”, “Override default POP port” (set it to 995)
3. Yahoo! POP mail server address is: pop.mail.yahoo.com
4. Remember, this function uses POP so remember to setup POP on the account you wish to bring into this mailbox.
Hope this helps someone out there!
Any way to get the signatures from each individual account to auto populate?
This worked perfectly, thank you 🙂
Didn’t work for me, no matter what I did.. It saying incorrect user name or password, but they are correct..
Once you merge the accounts can you delete one but still retain the emails from the deleted account? Or is there a way to send all emails from an account I want to close to a new account?
This doesn’t apply for new version of yahoo mail.