What Kind of PayPal Button do you Need?
PayPal is arguably the most well-known eCommerce business around. With over 132 million users around the world, it’s safe to say that PayPal has a huge following and offers some very clear advantages to anyone who uses its services.
The PayPal button is a well-known, trusted addition to any website. In fact, studies have shown that sites with PayPal buttons enjoy more customers than those without. The reason for this is undoubtedly down to convenience for the consumer. Many people use credit and debit cards to shop online. However, for people who don’t have a credit card, or who prefer to see the cash go out of their account instantly and not days later, PayPal is a great advantage. A site owner who has a PayPal button can sell their products to:
- People with a PayPal account
- People without a PayPal account
- People with credit or debit cards
- People without credit or debit cards
So… a reasonably large chunk of society.
When it comes to implementing a PayPal button, site owners will need to think about their specific needs in order to choose which PayPal button would be best for them.
- Buy Now – The Buy Now button is great for eCommerce sites or other sites where the owners would like to sell one product at a time. Each button can be customized to include a set price depending on the price of the product. This means that when the buyer clicks on the button, they will be redirected to PayPal to enter their details and confirm the amount. The amount will have been automatically entered to match the price of the product chosen.
- Donate – The Donate button works in a similar way to the Buy Now button in that it will allow the user to make a single use donation. However, the Donate button is only to be used for proven non-profit organizations. The button can be customized to allow site owners to set a fixed donation amount or allow the donors to choose the amount themselves.
- Subscribe – The Subscribe button allows business owners to set up recurring payments in a simple, quick and effective way. Bloggers and service providers can recruit members and offer them discounts for subscriptions which they can control using the easy to use PayPal button.
Each button is simple to implement. Simply copy and paste the code from the PayPal site on to the web page and your button is up and running. As mentioned, the reach of PayPal is immense and almost anyone will be able to make use of the buttons. Fees are low for the business owner while purchasing products online is made simple for the customer. It’s a genuine win, win situation for everyone involved.
Other advantages of using PayPal go beyond the customer/business owner interface. PayPal also allows account holders to run analytics to show emerging trends which can be used to increase revenue with a little smart marketing.
Also, PayPal offers users a great way to keep track of their finances. Account holders can send detailed invoices straight from PayPal complete with company logo. All transactions are recorded and can be pulled at any time.
PayPal is one of the most popular ways that people choose to transfer funds online. The main reasons for this come down to people feeling secure when they purchase goods online through a known and respected company such as PayPal. By using a PayPal button, organizations are able to instill trust in new customers by using a well-known brand. With tons of room for growth and no signs of slowing down any time soon, PayPal is definitely a useful tool for all business owners no matter what the size of the organization.