Sometimes Facebook fans claim that their Facebook profile is being indexed by major Search Engines, such as Google, Yahoo! and Live etc, thus exposing their privacy. This holds true, even if I enter my name; i.e. ‘Musab Zain’ in Google, the first result that appears on Google is of my Facebook profile. Indeed its a serious issue.
The good news is that you can edit the settings and STOP Google and other search engines from indexing your Facebook profile forever. The process is very simple and anyone can follow it. Here’s what you have to do;
1. Sign-in to your Facebook Account,
2. Click on ‘Settings‘ which is on the top right corner of the page,
3. Under the Settings section, click on manage privacy (5th option from the top),
4. Now click on ‘Search‘; reference screen-shot,
5. Look for ‘Public Search Listing’ and un-check the box which say;
Create a public search listing for me and submit it for search engine indexing
Voila! Now your Facebook profile won’t get indexed by Search Engines anymore. Another direct route is by Searching your ‘Profile Name’ on SE and once you have found it, click on that link.
On the right you will find a box, titled; ‘This is a preview of your public search listing’, underneath it, click ‘Edit search privacy settings’. And follow the procedure mentioned in Step #5.
Note: You won’t see the effect immidiately, it might take a few weeks or even a month or two to get your profile re-indexed by Google. So, be patient!